Bottle vase

I am still renovating but I would not be me if I were not constantly distracted by other projects. For what is a new floor without a new vase? Right, nothing! If you have a new floor, you also need a new vase. Completely logical! So I built myself a new vase and as materials I used my personal classics: waste glass and pallet wood.



A compass, a triangle ruler, epoxy resin and a clamp (to secure the boards during sawing).


A saw and sandpaper.


A drill with a saw attachment (circular shape)/ hole saw.



Four small bottles


Four planks of pallet wood (2 X 5,5 inch and 2 X 12,6 inch long)

Step 1


First, I have sawn the boards (measurements on photo above) and roughly sanded the cut edges.

Step 2


Next I’ve drawn four circles on one of the longer boards with a compass …


For sawing the circles I used a circle attachment for the drill. Sadly I do not know the official name for this attachment (but I would be happy if one of you can close my knowledge gap).


Step 3

geklebter rahmen

To finish the wooden frame, I glued the four sides together (with epoxy)…

Step 4

bottle vase

… and stained the wood a bit darker. Finally, I put the bottles in the frame and went off to search for pretty flowers. If I don´t have flowers, I am going to put long candles in the bottles. Oh, I just love it when things are both beautiful and practical!

Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: German


  1. […] nur-noch […]

  2. […] nur-noch […]

  3. […] Give your home that rustic feel with these Bottle Vases displayed on a wooden frame. You could make it for yourself or you could make it as a gift for someone else. Or, if you have a wedding coming up, you could make several of them to display as centrepieces on the tables. This tutorial uses pallet wood and drink bottles, so it costs virtually nothing to make. If you bought something like this in a shop, it would cost a small fortune. So save your self some money whilst you learn new skills. Follow the link for the tutorial; […]

  4. Stuart Hipp

    25 April

    In English it’s called a “hole saw”. Don’t know in Deutsch.